The Only Guacamole Recipe
You Will Ever Need
In honor of Super Bowl Sunday tomorrow, I bring you the only guacamole recipe you will ever need. Why are some people afraid of making their own guacamole??? I think there are also people who buy little pouches of seasoning to make something that resembles guacamole. I think there are also people who add mayonnaise to their guacamole recipe (is that really a thing??). Don’t do that. This guacamole recipe is authentic and chunky and fresh and fabulous! Pin it or print it but use it.
6 Ingredients – One Bowl – 10 minutes
That is all you need. I know you have a bowl and maybe you can find 10 minutes. Now all you need are 2 avocados, one onion (I like red but you can use the yellow or white), one tomato, one jalapeno, cilantro (works best with the fresh kind because the dried up kind doesn’t have enough flavor for guacamole), salt, and the juice of a lemon or a lime or both! Yep. It is that easy.
Tara’s Tips for Successful Guac Making
I have tried and failed for you. I have tested a lot of variations of guacamole recipes. I do like eating guac so it really wasn’t so bad 🙂 I am here to save you from recipe failure:
- you NEED one of these gadgets. Don’t try to do anything with an avocado without one of these (affiliate*) It does everything including peeling, slicing, and getting the pit out without that perfectly round pit rolling off the counter and onto the floor and out the front door (I think that is a song about a meatball but it can totally apply to a pit of an avocado in my meatless world)
- Buy the avocados soft OR plan ahead to make your guacamole recipe after they have softened
- To speed up the avocado softening process, place them in a brown paper bag
- How do you choose the best avocado? It has to be haas and a perfectly ripe avocado for this guacamole recipe is purple-brown in color and gives a little when you press it
- Use fresh cilantro
- Taste and squeeze the lemon and lime juice and taste and squeeze again until you get it right. I use about 2 tsp of each
- If you don’t like chunky guacamole, chop your veggies very small OR use only 1/2 an onion and half a tomato
- Don’t quit on the avocado. Get all the lumps out BEFORE you mix in the other ingredients. Once they are all in the bowl together, it is too late!
Need more reasons to love guacamole or avocados? Read my article for reasons you should be eating an avocado every day! Need some recipe ideas to make with your guacamole recipe? How about avocado toast or jackfruit lettuce wraps or Mexican Quinoa or Vegetarian Chili? or Corn Salsa!?!
Did you make this guacamole recipe?
- Leave a comment below! We love comments ♥
- Tag @myvegetarianfamily on Instagram and hashtag it #myvegetarianfamily
→ You can always find me on Instagram @myvegetarianfamily where you can follow me and my daily food journey.
AND be sure to subscribe here to my weekly emails for tips and recipes so that you never miss a veggie thing!
*see disclosure page here