Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Want to know what my favorite sandwich is? It is a close tie between avocados on my bread vs peanut butter and bananas on my bread. I haven’t figured out how to bake an avocado and slice it into wonderfulness BUT I have mastered the art of baking Peanut Butter Banana Bread. So, for today, I’m going with peanut butter banana bread as my fav.
Gluten Free + Vegan
How? The egg is replaced with a flax egg (but you can substitute a real egg) and the white flour typically baked into banana bread is replaced with almond flour, oat flour, and oats. How is it sweetened? 4 Bananas (yes, I said 4!), a little applesauce, and just 1/4 cup of brown sugar (you could leave it out I guess but why would you?). I sprinkled a little extra brown sugar on top prior to baking just for a little sweet crunch (try it!). I snapped a photo prior to baking just so you could see how much this hearty peanut butter banana bread rises (and how lovely the brown sugar looks on top!).
Fuss-Free! One Bowl!
Yep, one bowl! Toss everything in and mix! Super easy!!! Follow my steps below for peanut butter banana bread recipe success!
What should you do with your peanut butter banana bread?
- slice and eat while still warm
- slice and put in freezer in individual portions for busy mornings or snack time
- put a slice in the toaster (my favorite), top with more peanut butter, bananas, chocolate chips, maybe some berries or homemade jam
- dice and put in your breakfast bowl
- share it 🙂
- Remember! This is a hearty bread. It takes a long time to cook because it is thick. It is more of a breakfast or brunch loaf. It is nutritious, packed with all good ingredients, and protein!
Still want to stick with avocados instead on your bread? Try avocado toast or guacamole. Love bananas? Try my recipe for zucchini banana bread or easy blender waffles or how about some mini oat muffins?
Did you make this Peanut Butter Banana Bread recipe?
- Leave a comment below! We love comments ♥
- Tag @myvegetarianfamily on Instagram and hashtag it #myvegetarianfamily
→ You can always find me on Instagram @myvegetarianfamily where you can follow me and my daily food journey.
AND be sure to subscribe here to my weekly emails for tips and recipes so that you never miss a veggie thing!