Vegan Ricotta Zucchini Noodles
Are zoodles still a thing? Are they called zoodles any more? I feel as though I never truly know when a thing is no longer a thing. I need to ask my teenagers I guess. They always seem to know when a thing is a thing and they have no problem telling me when I am doing the thing that isn’t a thing 🙂 . When it comes to a food that looks like pasta, tastes like pasta, but is only a fraction of the calories and carbs of pasta … it’s a thing for me … now and forever. Meet Vegan Ricotta Zucchini Noodles.
Don’t be afraid of the zoodle! If you have a spiralizer (affiliate link*) and a zucchini, you are all set!
Tara’s Tips To Not End Up With Watery Zoodles:
Please do one of these prior to making your vegan ricotta zucchini noodles!
- easiest and most efficient = make them ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator in an airtight glass bowl until you are ready to use them (make them the night before, morning of, or even a few days before)
- if you haven’t planned ahead, spiralize your zucchini as your first step, lay them out on a sheet pan, sprinkle them with salt, after about 20 minutes press them with a dry towel to absorb the extra water
- bake them in a 200 degree oven on a sheet pan for 20 minutes, remove from oven and press them with a dry towel to remove the water
The No-Cheese Sauce:
Yum! Almond milk ricotta mixed with vegan mozzerella shreds and roasted garlic blended to perfection! I topped mine with roasted tomatoes but you can pick your topping. Some other ideas are roasted red onions and zucchini, baked tofu steaks, vegan ‘chik-n’ tenders, so many possibilities!
These Vegan Ricotta Zucchini Noodles are quick, easy, healthy, and a change from the usual! Even people who usually dislike zucchini in its roasted form will like zucchini noodles because they absorb the flavor of any sauce. You can use zucchini noodles in any recipe that calls for pasta or noodles. Perfect food for diabetics or if you are looking to cut back on carbs or calories! I hope you love them as much as we do!
Did you make this recipe for Vegan Ricotta Zucchini Noodles?
- Leave a comment below! We love comments ♥
- Tag @myvegetarianfamily on Instagram and hashtag it #myvegetarianfamily
→ You can always find me on Instagram @myvegetarianfamily where you can follow me and my daily food journey.
AND be sure to subscribe here to my weekly emails for tips and recipes so that you never miss a veggie thing!
*see disclosure page here