Air Fryer Carrot Chips
I am still in air fryer craze mode. I am seriously putting every food I can think of in there. These air fryer carrot chips were one of my experiments that turned out great!
I couldn’t decide if I wanted to go with a savory carrot or a sweet carrot recipe. So, I went with just a little salt for this one and paired it with a cinnamon swirl vegan yogurt dip. Not sorry I did!
- fresh or frozen
- cut your carrots like fries or in circles (like mine)
- rainbow or orange
- what to sprinkle on top? sweet: cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom or savory: paprika, thyme, rosemary
Air Fryer Carrot Dip Options:
- 8 oz vanilla yogurt (I used almond milk to keep it vegan) + 1 tsp cinnamon + 1 tsp honey or maple syrup if vegan
- 8 oz vanilla yogurt (vegan options are coconut or almond milk) + 1 tsp vanilla + 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 8 oz plain yogurt (for vegan use almond milk plain yogurt) + 1 tsp mustard + 1 tsp agavae + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar = no honey mustard dip
- 8 oz sour cream (vegan or dairy) + 1 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, dill, lemon + salt/pepper to taste = vegan homemade quick ranch
How To Make Air Fryer Carrot Chips:
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees
- Slice carrots with a mandolin or knife (not too thick!)
- If using frozen carrots, place in a colander and run under warm water until thawed
- Sprinkle with salt to taste
- Transfer to Air Fryer Basket. It is alright if they are crowded, does not need to be single layer like it does with air fryer green beans. You can totally crowd them like you do when air frying beet chips or sweet potato fries! Cook in Air Fryer for 12 minutes shaking the basket twice during the cook time. You will stop complaining about needing to shake the basket when you are eating them 😉 Remember, every air fryer is different and every carrot slice is different so cook times will vary.
- Transfer to serving tray. Serve with one of the dip options!
Did you make these air fryer carrot chips?
- Leave a comment below! We love comments ♥
- Tag @myvegetarianfamily on Instagram and hashtag it #myvegetarianfamily
→ You can always find me on Instagram @myvegetarianfamily where you can follow me and my daily food journey.
AND be sure to subscribe here to my weekly emails for tips and recipes so that you never miss a veggie thing!