Oven Roasted Asparagus
Oven roasted vegetables are on my list of top 10 things to eat. I absolutely love the fresh, savory, crunchy taste of a vibrant vegetable roasted to perfection! Yum! Are you hungry yet??? I am! Well, not really because I just ate an entire plate of this oven roasted asparagus (after photographing it but before writing up this recipe!!) Now it is your turn!
Tara’s Tips for Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe Success:
- use olive oil. If you skip it you won’t yield the same crisp bold flavor.
- smash the garlic. How? peel the garlic clove, place on cutting board, and smush it down with the back of a large spoon until it cracks. This lets out just enough of the juices for the asparagus to absorb the flavors while roasting.
- use lemon! It brings out the flavor and the nutrients of the asparagus
- watch them cook! I know you have seen it … asparagus big and small depending on where you buy them and what time of year. So, all those sizes cook differently, just watch them as the 10 minutes approaches and they are done when the ends turn a crisp brown like mine in the photo.
- Salt them. Not a lot. But they do need a little.
- Trim them correctly. Asparagus have a natural ‘breaking point’. Don’t cut the ends! Hold the asparagus ends between fingertips and bend it, it will naturally break 1-2 inches from the bottom leaving you the most flavorful part of the asparagus.
What should you make with your beautiful oven roasted asparagus?
- nothing 🙂 they are lovely all by themselves if you like
- Layer them on top of this Breadcrumb Pasta (yum!)
- BBQ Jackfruit Sliders
- Seitan Roast and Stuffing Balls or Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Did you make this recipe for Oven Roasted Asparagus?
- Leave a comment below! We love comments ♥
- Tag @myvegetarianfamily on Instagram and hashtag it #myvegetarianfamily
→You can always find me on Instagram @myvegetarianfamily where you can follow me and my daily food journey.
AND be sure to subscribe here to my weekly emails for tips and recipes so that you never miss a veggie thing!