How To Build The Perfect Breakfast Bowl
Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day? If you follow Instagram is seems as though that would be a yes. The breakfast food on Instagram is over the top. I mean really over the top (of the bowl!). Seriously, peanut butter drizzled all over and granola spilling over the sides with gorgeous colorful fruit everywhere. Does your breakfast look like that? Mine does most days. Why? How? Because I feel that breakfast deserves a lot of attention. It is the perfect time of day to sneak in lots of vitamins, nutrients, fiber, and protein. If you start your day with healthy foods, you set the tone for healthy eating all day.
Make Breakfast an Important Meal
I am a BIG believer that if you start out making the right food choices in the morning, your mood and energy will be stable throughout the day leading to better food choices in the afternoon and evening. All you need to do is learn how to build the perfect breakfast bowl.
Tips For How To Build The Perfect Breakfast Bowl:
- Base Layer:
- 1 cup of your favorite yogurt or milk (dairy if you aren’t vegan, almond milk, organic soy, or coconut milk)
- Middle Layer:
- 1 cup of muesli, organic old fashioned oats, granola, cooked quinoa, or 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Fruit Layer:
- this layer doesn’t take much explaining, a banana is always my go-to and then whatever organic seasonal fruit I have bought that week.
- option: take layer 1 and layer 2 and one cup of frozen fruit or veggies and toss it in your vitamix and blend it up, can add organic vegan protein powder too!
- So many options:
- hemp seeds
- nut butters drizzled or pooled
- crushed nuts
- cinnamon, cardamom, pumpkin or apple pie spice
- maple syrup, agavae, or honey (if not vegan)
- shaved vegan chocolate or chocolate morsels
- wheat grass powder
- dried fruit
- more granola
- homemade healthy muffins or breads
- So many options:
That’s it! See … its that easy to learn how to build the perfect breakfast bowl!
Did you make the perfect breakfast bowl?
- Leave a comment below! We love comments
- Tag @myvegetarianfamily on Instagram and hashtag it #myvegetarianfamily