Basic Chia Pudding
This basic chia pudding is the foundation for a healthy breakfast packed with protein, easy, and perfect for busy mornings.
Vegan & Gluten Free
Rest assured, this basic chia pudding is a healthy alternative for families that do not have time in the morning to think about where the protein is coming from, how to get the kids to eat their fruit, or how they are going to find the time to prepare a meal to jump start the day the right way.
The process is simple:
- Start with vegan, gluten free chia seeds from a source you can trust. Here I used Salba Chia Seeds because they are white and therefore higher in protein and omega-3.
- Place the chia seeds in a jar with vegan milk of your choice (or dairy milk if not vegan). I use coconut milk but any milk will work here.
- Let sit for 30 minutes or overnight. This basic chia pudding will stay fresh up to 5 days in a jar in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Options: make several jars so that you can just add your fruit or flavors in the morning and take it to go!
- What to put on top?
- fruit (guava, bananas, mango, strawberries, apples) just about anything!
- Spices (cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, cardamom) just about anything you like!
- Granola. I like to layer in granola in my breakfasts. If going with a store bought granola watch the sugar content and check the labels if you want it gluten free. Or make your own! Follow my recipe here for Pumpkin Seed Granola.
Need more ideas for chia pudding? Always start with basic chia pudding and then customize, you can also try this recipe for Chai Chia Pudding.
Did you make this recipe?
- Leave a comment below! We love comments
- Tag @myvegetarianfamily on Instagram and hashtag it #myvegetarianfamily
You can always find me on Instagram @myvegetarianfamily where you can follow me and my daily food journey.
AND be sure to subscribe here to my weekly emails for tips and recipes so that you never miss a veggie thing!
*see disclosure page here