Homemade Salad Dressing:
Healthy, Easy, and Delicious
Today I bring you a recipe original from My Vegetarian Family. I have been making this dressing for years and pouring it over lunch and dinner salads of all kinds. In recent years I switched out the vinegar for apple cider vinegar and every now and then I add in some more spices to compliment the rest of the meal. BUT this one is a vegetarian staple.
Why make homemade salad dressing?
Store-bought salad dressings can have lots of hidden, unnecessary ingredients such as sugars, fats, preservatives, and even meat products. We steer clear of store-bought salad dressings and if you want to lose weight, maintain weight, keep blood sugars under control, you will too. It is also nice to know that you can change a bowl of raw veggies into a delicious lunch or dinner by easily making a homemade dressing out of ingredients you have right in your own kitchen!
Five Simple Ingredient Healthy Salad Dressing
Olive Oil + Apple Cider Vinegar + Mustard + Garlic + Lemon
What’s in our salad jars?
- Diced Yellow Zucchini
- Other add-ins (not pictured)
- romaine lettuce
- sunflower seeds
Where do we get protein when we eat a salad?
- Spinach has protein
- Top with Roasted Chick Peas
- Top with Grilled Tofu
- Top with slivered almonds, pistachios, Homemade Pumpkin Seeds
- Layer in Tahini-Free-Hummus
Perfect Homemade Salad Dressing made into the perfect lunch:
- Layer all ingredients in a jar
- Pour salad dressing into a separate container to pour over when ready to eat
- Keep nuts and proteins separate and add to jar at lunch time
- Don’t forget a fork (and maybe an apple or your favorite fruit 🙂 )