Green Apple Smoothie:
Green Apple + Spinach + Coconut Water
I’ve never met a green smoothie I did not love. BUT not everyone can say the same thing. I happen to LOVE beautiful green drinks, snacks, desserts, dinners, and everything in between! I also happen to love apples. Want to know what else I love? When something is nourishing fuel for my body AND tastes good, that’s a perfect scenario for me. Part of the reason I write a food blog.
Therefore, I have forever been on a quest to make the perfect green smoothie. A green smoothie that everyone in My Vegetarian Family also thinks is perfect. Today just might be that day.
The Perfect Green Apple Smoothie
How did I do it, you ask?
Start with a coconut water (or plain water if that is all you have), layer on vegan protein powder, then fresh spinach leaves, pineapple or mango if you choose to (on this perfect green smoothie day pictured, I did not), top it with a cup of ice and sweeten with agavae nectar if you have some and want to try it out. Switch on that Vitamix (or blender) and you are all set! Easy Vegetarian Green Smoothie!
Why do we drink smoothies?
- Quick way to pack lots of nutrients in one little jar
- Packs a lot of protein in one serving with protein powder
- Fruits and veggies are high in fiber which helps keep you full
- Homemade smoothies are low in added sugars
- Plant based protein powders (the vegan ones) are one of those fabulous foods help fight inflammation that leads to diabetes, obesity , and cancers
- You can customize them to your personal taste … keep experimenting … you will get it right
- So many recipes available. My go-to for help with smoothies is Eat This Not That.
Happy Smoothie Making! Let me know how yours turns out by leaving a comment below.
You can always find me on Instagram @myvegetarianfamily .
Subscribe to my weekly emails here so you never miss a veggie thing!